Most yoga studios and local gyms offer yoga classes that are open to all generations and fitness levels. It’s exciting to enter a room full of young teens, athletes, middle-aged moms, older gentlemen, and even fitness buffs and body builders. Everyone can feel accepted and included and, unlike other sports or classes that focus on niche clients, yoga tends to offer open arms. Whether you like to say “Om” or you can’t stand the word “yogi”.
YOGA’S EFFECT ON THE BODY
Here’s a list of some of the most beneficial aspects of power yoga:
- It increases endurance, strength, and flexibility.
- Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures for extended breaths.
- Arm and shoulder strength is increased as you use your own body weight for resistance.
- Lats, traps, and other back muscles begin to support the spine better than before.
- Abdominals and obliques are refined and toned through building core muscles.
- Posture begins to correct itself over time.
- Hip flexors are stretched and strengthened.
- Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves are strengthened.
No matter what ails your aching body, or if you just want to take your fitness to a higher level, power yoga’s ability to build muscle has an undeniable effect on the total body.